-1/4 cup mayo
-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 cup olive oil
-1 small zucchini, sliced
-1 red onion, sliced
-1 small yellow squash, sliced
- 2 (4×6 inch) focaccia bread pieces, split horizontally
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
1. In a bowl, mix the mayonnaise, minced garlic, and lemon juice. Set aside in the refrigerator.
2. Preheat the grill for high heat.
3. Brush vegetables with olive oil on each side. Brush grate with oil. Place bell peppers and zucchini closest to the middle of the grill, and set onion and squash pieces around them. Cook for about 3 minutes, turn, and cook for another 3 minutes. The peppers may take a bit longer. Remove from grill, and set aside.
4. Spread some of the mayo mixture on the cut sides of the bread, and sprinkle each one with feta cheese. Place on the grill, cheese side up, and cover with lid for 2-3 minutes. This will warm the bread, and melt the cheese slightly. Watch carefully so the bottoms don’t burn. Remove from grill, and layer with the veggies. Enjoy as open faced grilled sandwiches.